Well, I don’t know about you, but my 2022 is off to a rough start. More…a slow start. I was sick (but negative COVID test) and spent three straight days on the couch watching Harry Potter movies.
(I didn’t say the year was off to a BAD start per se…)
My word for the year is CREATE. Van’s is DARE.
I signed up for the Abbey of the Arts Give Me a Word 2022 retreat in December, which took me through exercises and activities that got me open to receiving my word. It came to me when I was signing up for a new marketing platform. In their onboarding video, they said that once we complete all the onboarding steps, we would get a free t-shirt that says “Create every day.”
And I literally got teary-eyed. I WANTED THAT SHIRT.
That’s how I knew my word found me.
If you don’t have a word for the year yet and want one, try using this meditation technique called “Emptying the Garbage” by Sonia Choquette:
- Look at and name three things in the room (this brings you to total present awareness)
- Deeply inhale and then exhale like blowing out candles (3x) (this helps you empty yourself)
- Deeply inhale and then exhale like AHHHHH (1x) (this shifts your awareness from your head to land in your body)
- Speaking out loud ask your question. In this case: WHAT IS MY WORD? (Speaking out loud gets yourself outside of your head)
- My Heart Says…well? What does it say?
You can also check out this website, which takes you through the process of finding your word. And it includes a quiz!
So, what is your word?
Then mark your calendar for our Contemplative Arts circle at 7pm on Monday January 24th, where we will do word art and share our words.